Jen & Gary

We are a young, vibrant couple who enjoy life.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Are We Spoiled?

Having the extra time and energy to spoil the man I love makes the best marriage I can think of! We can devote all of our time to each other, instead of splitting our attention among three kids and their after school activities.I love making breakfast in bed for my husband and he likes to make breakfast in bed for me too!. I rub his back several nights a week. I make his favorite meals. I am truly interested in his hobbies ....for the most part (which we can indulge in because we don’t have kids to spend our hard earned cash on!).And I am just as spoiled as he is. I get regular foot massages. Last night I asked for a squeeze of fresh lime juice in my water, and he happily obliged.We love doing special things for each other that I don’t usually see parents doing, simply because their schedules get filled up with other things.But if we want to go to bed a little early for some “couple time,” we do it. If we want to take a long bath together on a Sunday afternoon, we can. We can be spontaneous without calling a babysitter.Marriage isn’t about each partner giving 50%. I’d say it’s close to 100%. And it sure is easier to do when you don’t have kids.

Yep, I guess you would considered us SPOILED!

1 Comments:

Blogger Athena said...

We childfree ARE spoiled and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I agree that being childfree allows us to have more time, energy etc. for our significant others.

3:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home