Jen & Gary

We are a young, vibrant couple who enjoy life.

Monday, November 28, 2005

First Place

The Christmas season is upon us! This has got to be my favorite time of year! Christmas lights, Christmas trees, oh, and the Christmas cards. As many of you know, I can be a little particular on things, you know, "details" are important to me. I appreciate it when silverware matches, napkins are properly folded and match.. and on and on I could go. Well, last year, my Christmas Cards turned out beautifully, and Gary's aunt ( a highly sofisicated woman, whom I would like to be like one day) after recieving my card, wrote us a note back saying that our Christmas Card won "first place" at her house for being the most beautiful card.... FIRST PLACE!! And Aunt Susan said so.. that's a hard place to obtain! Anyway, this year I have been in the hunt for the "perfect" Christmas Cards, and I could not find them anywhere! I looked online, Hallmark, I even thought I would go into a printers have them design me some... but then it would be like hundreds of dollars, and well normally I would pay it, but this year I am jobless so that's a big NO! So, I found some "make shifters" at the local Sam's ....I cannot I believe that NO ONE had any gorgous cards! So, I don't think that I will be first place this year, I probably won't even be in the running..

I hate to change the subject here, but in my interior design class, we had to design/make a throw pillow. Our teacher had us line them up in the schools eatery and passer byers vote on which pillow they like the best, my pillow won!!! Out of 10 pillows!! My pillow is a seamed taffeta, with silk tossle fringe with 1/2 millimeters pearls sewn onto all the detail work. So, I got a ribbon that says "Grand Champion" life is good. =)

2 Comments:

Blogger Jill Corwin said...

Congratulations Jen! I am so proud of you. That is quite and honor!

You are very talented

11:43 PM  
Blogger Kelli said...

Wow - Jen! Did you make it yourself? You need to post a picture. I want to see it! Congrats! You are first place in my book. :)

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home